Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day

Oh goodness. So we finally get to Sevilla after seriously 24 hours of travel. 

First problem occurred right as we got to the PHX airport.  Our Phx/London flight was delayed by 2 hours..so long connection flights.  But thankfully British Airways rebooked us on other airline when we got to London so that all of our problems were taken care of.  Or so we thought.  We get to London and go to the Airline we are supposed to fly, “Vueling”.  Well apparently they don’t accept rebookings of any kind from any airline.  We had no ticket.  AWESOME.  So we run over to the Brit Air table and tell them what happened in PHX.  He’s trying to find us a flight from London to Sevilla or Madrid and he’s saying “I’m sorry ladies I can’t get you to Spain til Monday morning.”  All this is currently happening Sunday, DAY.  That was just not gonna cut it.  It might have been bc of the fact that I was really tired from the long haul flight, but I was not gonna take no for an answer.  My mom and Barb stood back and let me handle the BA guy.  I don’t wanna say I was mean….But it was bad.  Lol I told him he needed to get us to Sevilla THAT NIGHT.  No excuse.  After some words, he “magically” finds a flight that leaves in an hour for Madrid and then onto Sevilla.  Shocker.  We get actual tickets for that flight, but before we leave he “can’t guarantee” that our bags will make it since we only have one hour to catch the plane.  How that’s not enough time idk.  But the only thing we care about now is just getting to Sevilla.  So we get on the Madrid bound plane (also delayed about an hour after we got our tickets) from London and arrive there 2 hours later.  It’s now 10:00 at night.  From that flight we must go to another flight to Sevilla.  Surprise surprise, that flight is late too.  At 11:47 we get on the flight to Sevilla and get there around 1 A.M.  Walk to baggage claim, wait for bags…no bags.  Even with all the delays they still didn’t make it.  We fill out the form our lost bags and find out from the tracking number that they are at least in Madrid…LAME.  The lady at the desk tells us they should be on the first flight out of Madrid to Sevilla and should be there at our hotel around noon.  Skip to next day.  We go to the Cathedral and do some sight seeing, come back around 1:00..not there. We call the airport to find out where the hell they are aaaaaaaaaaaaand they’re still in Madrid.  Just sittin there.  They say call around 5.  We call at 5.  STILL IN MADRID.  Then they say they won’t be here at the hotel til at the earliest 10:00 P.M.  Finally around 11:30 they are waiting for us in the lobby. Thank. God.  I was convinced they would get to Sevilla the day we left to go back to Madrid.

Needless to say, I’m glad I packed those two extra outfits in my carry on just in case “something” were to happen to my luggage.  Oh Spanish time…you fluster me sometimes.      

1 comment: