Sunday, September 12, 2010

All I want for September...

Really?? It’s only September 12?? Seriously?! It seems like I’ve been here for 2 months not two weeks..It’s time to say “Adios” to September and “Hola” to October. :)

September for me is one of those months that just needs to go. No one really likes September anyways. School usually starts then, it’s still too hot to be called fall, a big national tragedy for the United States occurred on a September day, and there are no cool holidays to celebrate during this month. LAME.

Even Spain the country with the most national holidays has nothing good to say about September. There are so many bank holidays here it’s a little ridiculous. Every month has like 2 or 3 bank days where the banks close and so does school. How cool is that?! Not cool if you need money, but a day without school? I can definitely live with that. And best of all they have some days called “el Puente” or bridge days. What’s a bridge day? Well let me enlighten you…let’s say a bank holiday falls on a Monday and another on a Wednesday. Tuesday becomes a “bridge” day and they give you that day off too. :) Just another Spanish way of leaving everything for “manaña”.

I know I said school usually starts in September, but I guess that’s a rule only for the US. The University of Sevilla doesn’t even start classes until the 24th of September! And it’s on a Friday so I’m not even sure they do much on that day. How much can you really teach the day before a weekend? Soooo technically my real first day of Spanish school will start the 27th of September. THAT’S ALMOST OCTOBER. Once school finally starts and I actually have something to do in the middle of the day instead of wasting away my brain on facebook, I’m almost 100% positive my life will finally start to pick back up at a normal pace.

As a personal fan of the holiday in October, the weather, and the overall vibe of this month I would like to grant it permission to arrive in Spain anytime it wants. And the world for that matter. Not sure if anyone agrees with me on this subject, but it’s been on my mind a lot. I’m at that point in my life again where I want time to speed up and get me out of this month. I think I’m having déjà vu from June…

Everyone wish for October! Ready? 1….2….3!!

2 comments:

  1. No one really likes September? Ok maybe you and Greenday but it is MY month. We’re gonna have to have a month showdown! Congrats on being 2 weeks in and doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this was the most random post yet but i loved it.. and ps do they celebrate halloween??? and if so what are you gonna do!! lol

    ReplyDelete