Thursday, September 9, 2010

School In Spain

Come to find out school here in Spain really isn’t that much different than the school at home in America. I’ve found many parallels between my life overseas and my life in AZ. I guess some things never change.
1. You get lost the first day. (and even the ones after)

2. I’m always late. (It STARTS at 9 so I have to leave at like 8:30, which means I’m up by 7:45. Not very good with the Spanish life style here of stay out til 1:30 am.)

3. It’s hard to stay awake during a grammar lesson.

4. You still have to write papers.

We haven’t gotten out schedule for the actual “university” classes yet, but hopefully soon as we start the university schooling in about a week and a half. The course I’m in now is a 3 ½ hour class where they teach you grammar and speaking skills. It’s called an intensive course I’m assuming bc of its long hours, but it’s nothing I haven’t learned before. It feels a bit like high school again, with the exception that it’s in another country. :) Hopefully the college courses will be better.

Later today we get to go out and meet actual Spanish ppl! :o It’s called “Salir con Españoles.” They are gonna take us to the non-touristy parts of Spain where all the locals go to actually enjoy their country. Should be interesting. Hopefully I’ll find a lot of cool places so that when ya’ll come out to visit me I’ll know exactly where to go. :)

It’s weird to think I still have such a long time out here, but they say time flies. In some regards I hope their right, but I still want this experience to last a while. Wish my friends and family could be here!!!!

Cadiz on the weekend?? And next week to Lisbon!! Look out Portugal! Here I come!

2 comments:

  1. (facebook thumbs up- LIKE!) haha. if i could "like" this I WOULD! <3 funny about how youre still late to class- classic!! and meet some spanish boys for me, and bring one home for me! And be glad its like high school, wouldn't you rather it be easy then too hard?? gives you more time to enjoy it then to stress over it! and i WISH i could come visit you- if i win the lotto i will DEF book a flight THAT DAY and spend a month with you!!! xoxox we all love n miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!! aww yay! i know this place needs a like button lol I'm def on the look out for spanish boys! haha! I'll tell them I have a hot cousin back home. :)

    ReplyDelete